The City of Norfolk Offers Assistance to Furloughed Federal Employees

The City of Norfolk is offering assistance to furloughed federal employees upon
request.  To qualify for assistance, you must be a Norfolk resident and show proof
of employment at one of the following nine federal departments:

  • Department of Homeland Security
  • Department of Justice
  • State Department
  • Department of the Interior
  • Department of Agriculture
  • Department of Housing and Urban Development
  • Department of Commerce
  • Department of Transportation
  • Department of the Treasury

Payment plan options are available for the following bills:

HRUBS bill:  Contact the City of Norfolk Utilities Department Customer Service at
(757) 664-6700

Personal Property & Real Estate taxes:  Contact the Norfolk City Treasurer’s Office
at (757) 664-7800

For monthly parkers, the city will defer collecting payment. Parking access will
remain active.

For parking tickets issued in the last 30 days, the City’s parking department will
waive late fees accumulated during the shutdown.  Staff cannot waive the original amount owed.

For questions or to request a waiver for parking tickets contact the Norfolk Cares
Center at (757) 664-6510 or the City of Norfolk Parking Division at (757) 664-6222.

%d bloggers like this: